Sunday, June 23, 2013

Road Burner

Last year I met a guy named Sonny. I got to talking to him an he mentioned that he had a Ducati. So I talked him into letting me take a look at it. A black and gold 1982 Ducati Darmah SD900, one of my absolute favorites.  This is my idea of a true road burner.
















Sonny not only has the Darmah but also a bunch of Triumph's. He is what I would consider a true motorcyclist. Someone who loves all kinds of bikes, knows a lot about them, collects them, and takes care of them. Motorcyclists are great people.

On a more frivolous note, I like the Tiger on the side covers. It never seemed cheesy to me like the Firebird's screaming chicken. It's cool. Also I like the name Darmah. It makes me think of Jack Kerouac's book, "The Dharma Bums" even though the bike is named after a tiger in an Italian children's book.

This painting is about 19" x 27", painted in transparent watercolor on Arches 300lb paper with Winsor Newton paint. I've created a series of prints of it. I have a signed and numbered Giclee for $275 which is limited to 75 prints. For the more budget minded I have a medium and a small art print, 15 x 20 and 9.75 x 13 inches respectively. The medium sells for $45 and the small $25. The difference between the Giclee and an art print is that the Giclee is the original size, printed on watercolor paper and is a limited edition, where as the art print is printed on a very nice Enhanced Matte and is an open ended edition.


2 comments: